July 12, 2013

Banana & chocolate muffins.

I first saw this recipe in one of the books of Nigella Lawson (Nigella Express, I believe) and I knew I had to try it right away. The original recipe is with butterscotch but I have no idea what that is. We just don't use it in Belgium (I've seen it on TV before, but I can't find it in the store). So I made it with chocolate instead. Anyway. I'm absolutely in love with Nigella Lawson. She makes everything look so easy. The real reason why I love her are the desserts. She's not thinking about being skinny or low-fat ingredients. NO! I think she understands what desserts are all about: indulging yourself. And if you decide to cheat on your diet (if you have one) you better make it worth it!

Ingredients (makes 12 muffins)

  • 3 ripe bananas
  • 1,25 dl corn or sunflower oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 250 g all purpose flour
  • 100 g sugar
  • half a teaspoon of bicarbonate
  • 1 ts of baking powder
  • 150 g chocolate chips (or butterscotch)

Preparation

  1. Preheat your oven to 200°C. Prepare your muffin tray.
  2. Make a squash of the bananas by using a fork. Set aside.
  3. Mix the eggs with the oil.
  4. Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix in the eggs/oil-mixture.
  5. Mix in the bananas.
  6. Fold in the chocolate chips and put in the oven for about 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment