November 13, 2013

Vanilla syrup.


In Leuven you have all these great coffee bars. And although I'm not a coffee addict or anything, I love a good latte every once and a while. Man, do I love those vanilla lattes! The only downside to it, is that it is quite expensive. Certainly for a poor student like myself. But I just might have found the solution! A couple of years ago, I discovered this recipe and I thought it was such a great idea but I didn't want to "waste" my expensive vanilla extract on it. But then last week, I ordered my first "playin' vanilla" of the year (that's how it's called in the coffee bar) and I realised that I should be able to make this at home! I remembered the post and since I learned how to make my own vanilla extract, I didn't feel like I would be "wasting" anything! I adapted the recipe a little bit though, I like it more vanilla-y.

Ingredients

  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 1 cup of water
  • a splash of vanilla extract

Preparation

  1. Let the water and the sugar melt together over a heat until it boils.
  2. Pour in the vanilla extract (as much as you like)
  3. Let it boil a while longer. Especially if you used the DIY recipe for the vanilla extract. Be sure all the alcohol has vaporized.

No comments:

Post a Comment