July 12, 2014

Mojito.

mojito
I may be in Italy right now - hopefully enjoying the sun - that doesn't mean I leave you guys hanging ;) . Like I said, I'm hoping I'm enjoying the sun right now and what's better than relaxing in the sun with a good magazine in one hand... and a cocktail in the other. Today I share my recipe for my alltime favourite cocktail: the mojito! Everyone has his/her own recipe for it, I guess. At least, whenever I order it in different bars, it's never the same. It took me a while too to find the perfect mix between sour and sweet and the freshness of the mint. So after many years perfecting my own recipe, I came up with something that's exactly how I like it: very sweet (I have the biggest sweet tooth) but still fresh!

Ingredients

  • +-4cl Rum (I used Havana)
  • Lots and lots of mint leaves
  • 1/2 lime
  • 3 ts cane sugar
  • sparkling water
  • ice cubes

Preparation

  1. Cut the lime into smaller pieces, and put them in a mojito glass.
  2. Add the 3 ts of cane sugar and the mint leaves. Crush with a muddler.
  3. Add ice cubes (or crushed ice).
  4. Add the rum. 
  5. Fill the glass with sparkling water to the top.

1 comment: